Rivers State College of Arts and Science (RIVCAS) is located in Rumuola, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Established by Nigerian Federal Government in 1977 as Rivers State School of Basic Studies, it became Rivers State College of Arts and Science in 1991 by virtue of the Rivers State College of Arts and Science Law 1991.
RIVCAS is recognised and accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) as a Polytechnic in Nigeria offering Higher National Diploma (HND) and National Diploma (ND) Courses. Rivers State College of Arts and Science offers Courses in the following Schools:
• School of Humanities and Social Sciences (the Law Department offering National Diploma (ND) in Law since 1993 is one of the Departments in this School)
• School of Science and Technology
• School of Management Sciences
• Institute of Continuing Education (ICE)
• School of Foundation and General Studies
• School of Environmental Sciences
• School of Engineering Technology
Dr Hillary Wordu is the current Provost (Rector) of the Rivers State College of Arts and Science (RIVCAS). Dr (Mrs) R. T. Dosunmu is the Deputy Provost.